1. Watermelon Lemonade
1/2 cup sugar (preferably RAW sugar)
4 cups of Cubed Watermelon (extra for wedge garnish)
1/2 cup fresh Lemon juice
4 1/2 cups of cold water
enough ice to fill 6-8 glasses
6-8 fresh Mint sprigs for Garnish (optional)
1. Place cubed watermelon into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Strain the puree through a mesh sieve and set the liquid aside.
2. Combine sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until sugar completely dissolves (approx. 5 minutes.) Once dissolved remove the saucepan from the heat and stir briefly.
3. Add 4 cups of cold water and lemon juice to the saucepan mixture and stir. You have now created the lemonade
4. Stir the watermelon liquid into the Lemonade. Pour into a pitcher and serve over ice.
5. To garnish your pitcher or glass add a watermelon wedge and a sprig of mint or use whatever your heart desires.
6. Drink and enjoy :)
To make a cocktail - simply add 1oz of your favorite vodka per 8oz of watermelon lemonade.
To make an icy treat - blend together entire mixture plus 1 cup of ice.
* EXPRESS METHOD - use your favorite lemonade from the grocery store (mine is Simply Lemonade) or favorite powder mix (Country Time). Omit all ingredients except watermelon liquid. Combine, stir and serve over ice.
2. Iced Coffee
There is not much to it when it comes to iced coffee. The #1 secret is to use Coffee Cubes. It also works super well to brew your coffee the night before, chill and serve in the morning. This way you will have an icy cold cup of coffee that will stay that way for some time.
Ever go to a restaurant and order iced coffee? Well, I know I have and many times in my experience i've received a watered down somewhat cold drink that has less and less taste as the regular ice cubes melt into the hot coffee that was poured over top. The coffee cube method is bullet proof. So all you have to do is add your favorite cream and maybe a little sugar (if you take cream or sugar) and start your day right.
Oh and to make a yummy sweet cocktail or after dinner drink skip your cream and add some Baileys Irish Cream. Mmmm Delicious!
3. Iced Herbal Tea
I just have to mention that this drink was such a pleasant surprise. I had never used these 3 herbs together before in an herbal tea, which made it somewhat of an experiment. I wasn't sure how it would taste in the end, but it turned out to be absolutely Delicious and oh so Refreshing! So refreshing that I found myself drinking 1 glass then 2, then oops I remembered I had to save some for the picture.
After seeing the natural beauty of the herb garnish (I may have over done it a bit) I immediately imagined this drink being perfect for a sunny day luncheon, girls day out, bridal or baby shower. Even if someone removed the garnish from their drink and rested it upon the table, it would only double as a delicate and fragrant piece of table decor. This is the Perfect Summer or anytime drink and need I mention Healthy?
2 ounces of Mint sprigs
1 ounce of Thyme sprigs
1 ounce of Tarragon
8 teaspoons of Honey (preferably Organic)
10 cups of water
enough ice to fill 8 glasses
*Note - if you choose to garnish your drinks as pictured above, you will need 8 additional mint sprigs and 16 individual twigs of Thyme
1. Place the 10 cups of water in a pot or large saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling remove from heat.
2. Place herbs in the hot water and cover. Steep for 45 minutes.
3. Strain the Tea into pitcher (A mesh Sieve works best.)
4. Stir in 8 teaspoons of honey and place pitcher in fridge until cool.
5. Serve in a glass over ice. (If you would like to use the same Garnish as above see pics below)
|You can also use a tea infuser to make this recipe by the glass. |
|Cross mint sprig stem with one stem of Thyme, then tie an additional stem of thyme around and knot.|
4. Spicy Mango Margherita
1 cup sliced Mango
1 1/4 ounces of Blanco Tequila (I used Hornitos)
1/2 ounce of triple sec
1 1/2 ounces of Fresh lime juice
1/2-3/4 cup of ice
1/4 teaspoon of habenero - fresh or dried - I used dry. (use less is using Fresh) Alternatively you can use chipotle seasoning.
1 chilled glass
salt for rim
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender until desired icy consistency
2. Salt rim of chilled glass if desired. Serve and Enjoy :)
*Note - If you don't like spicy zing in your drink just omit the habenero completely.
5. The "Ricky"
At first glance this looks like an ordinary glass of beer - NOPE. Its actually a glass of Lager with a scoop of frozen Margherita at the bottom AKA "The Ricky". This extremely cold and satisfying drink can be found at one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, Diablo Royale. I believe they call it the "Diablo Ricky." This place has a dark and strange ambiance filled with demonic decor; such as devil horn chandeliers and religious pillar candles, but its has killer Mexican grub. It also is a great indoor/outdoor place for those nice sunny yet breezy days. I highly recommend stopping by next time you are in the NYC, its truly a Hell of a place haha.
Below is my attempt at re-creation
1 1/4 oz tequila
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 1/2 ounces of Fresh Lime juice
1 tsp Agave (I used Blue Agave)
1/2-3/4 cup of ice
3/4 bottle of favorite Lager Beer
1 chilled glass
1. Combine all ingredients, except beer in a blender until desired icy consistency
2. Pour Margherita mix into bottom of chilled pint glass. (should be about 1/4 of the way full)
3. Fill remainder of glass with Lager Beer